WHY THE EUSKO?
- For an eco-responsible development for the Basque Country
- For the relocation of the economy
- To support the Basque language
- To create relationships between its users
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- 1 euro = 1 eusko
- The eusko is usable in North Basque Country, from Saint-Jean-de-Luz to Saint-Palais including Espelette, Bayonne, Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, etc., at all the professionals indicated by the poster here on the left
- There are ‘banknotes’ of 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20 eusko. No centimes of eusko, if need be we pay the exact amount with centimes of euro.
- The eusko is a complementary local currency managed democratically and legally by a non-profit organization.
WHERE TO FIND YOUR EUSKO ENVELOPES?
- You can get yourselves Eusko envelopes for the Visitors of the Basque Country in Tourist offices, businesses and guest houses the list of which is available on this page.
- In an 20€ Eusko envelope for the Visitors, you will find a ‘banknote’ of 10 eusko, one of 5 eusko, one of 2 eusko and one of 1 eusko, as well as a membership card limited at 2 euros
- In an 50€ Eusko envelope for the Visitors,, you will find a ‘banknote’ of 20 eusko, two of 10 eusko, one of 5 eusko, one of 2 eusko and one of 1 eusko, as well as a membership card limited at 2 euros
- The limited membership lasts the time of the use of eusko contained in the envelope
- If you wish at the end of a few days to get yourself a second envelope, your temporary membership card will allow you to have a new envelope without paying again two euros of limited membership.
AND THEN, WHERE TO USE YOUR EUSKO?
Bars and restaurants, dairy stores, fishmonger’s shops, bread and pastry shops, butcher’s shops-delicatessen, shops of regional products, cultural sport and leisure activities, hygiene and well-being, presents and souvenirs: the around 650 storekeepers, professionals and associations of the network Eusko make a commitment in an initiative for the relocation of the economy, the harmonious development of the Basque Country and the defense of the Basque language, the euskara, which is still endangered. Participate too by getting you an envelope of eusko and by going to these professionals!
Download directories here (« L’annuaire par zones »), or consult our on-line directory regularly updated there.
YOU WILL RETURN, AND YOU WANT TO BE A FULL MEMBER?
- to proceed, in all our exchange offices, to unlimited and free of charge exchanges of euros eusko
- to sponsor an association of the North Basque Country. Since the association is chosen by a minimum of 30 godfathers, she will perceive in the form of gift 3 % of the amount of your exchanges of euros to eusko
- you can also open free of charge an account in eusko and receive your euskokart to pay in the businesses equipped with a terminal of payment for eusko.
- Think of it to prepare your holidays! It is necessary one couple of weeks. Openings of account here (in French only)
AND TO BEGIN TO USE SOME WORDS OF BASQUE,
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR SMALL FRENCH-EUSKARA DICTIONARY!
Euskal Moneta – 20, Cordeliers karrika – 64100 Baiona/Bayonne
(+33) 05 33 47 54 11 – www.euskalmoneta.org – info[at]euskalmoneta[point]org
facebook.com/euskoa – twitter.com/EuskalMoneta